Next project

A Blog of Yumness



NEXT PROJECT: Coming Soon!

Monday 1 June 2015

Wrestlemania Crazy!

You've seen the previous posts of when it's that Wrestlemania time of year. I'm not sure I will ever be able to beat the craziness that was the Gingerbread Wrestlers! This year, I made a cake in the shape of the title. It was fairly simple, but effective :)

I started off with a rectangle of a cake and cut away the shape of a belt. I kept it to one layer as there was a lot of butter icing on the top and felt that it would have been a bit much if I made it much taller. 



I covered the whole cake in black butter icing and began to cut the shapes of the belt, I started with the surround of the logo so that I could judge how big everything else needed to be to fit inside.


Once I was happy with the surround, I cut the WWE logo and placed it on the cake


It was then just a case of painting it. The belt itself is made up of silver, gold and gems, I used edible metallic paint and red colouring.
Once I had painted the main part of the cake, I started to create the sides of the belt, which involved more logos and more painting. 


Then it was just the finishing touch of writing World Heavyweight Champion on the belt and it was finished!


Total Time Spent: 3 Hours
Useful Tips Gained: None
Items to Purchase: More metallic paint
Items added to Wishlist: None
Miscellaneous Items Wished For: A variety of different sized cake boards because I never have the right size


No comments:

Post a Comment