Next project

A Blog of Yumness



NEXT PROJECT: Coming Soon!

Monday 1 June 2015

The Cupcakes of Nosgoth

You may or may not know that the Pillars of Nosgoth were an important landmark in Legacy of Kain. I did not know this until I needed to make this cake. It started off as Pillars, which quite frankly scared me slightly. So the idea evolved and a new plan formed. Who needs pillars anyway? Cupcakes are always better.

 I started off by cutting into the cake to make the shape I needed



I then made the mini cupcakes and covered them in white roll out icing. On top of each cupcake I placed a circle of colour that represented each pillar and added the pictures that symbolise what each pillar means.


I covered the main cake itself in grey butter icing and made the weird black thing in the middle of the Pillars, then painted the symbols in gold.


I then made a little sign to name the cake (just in case the recipient was in any doubt over what this cake represented!) and I was done!


This was the first cake that involved a cake as well as cupcakes, they had to be stabilised with cocktail sticks, but I was pleased with the end result and our friend loved it!

Total Time Spent: 4.5 Hours
Useful Tips Gained: If you are putting cupcakes on top of a cake, I would probably use royal icing, there will be less slippage
Items to Purchase: A compass - as in the thing you use to draw circles, or different sized circle cutting devices
Items Added to Wishlist: None
Miscellanious Items Wished For: None

No comments:

Post a Comment