Next project

A Blog of Yumness



NEXT PROJECT: Coming Soon!

Monday 16 February 2015

A Special 50th Birthday

The second cake that I needed to make last week was for Gavin's Mum, this cake was not one of my usual novelty cakes. I had a hint that if  I was planning on making a cake for her it needed to be her favourite - Carrot Cake. This kind of limited me to making a pretty one by doing some special kind of piping and some Amazon purchases to make it look special. 

I made a big cake - perhaps a little too big as they were still eating it after the surprise party! 

I filled the middle with cream cheese icing and then made more for the outside of the cake itself. Firstly I covered the entire cake in a light layer, to avoid any gaps showing cake when I piped on top of it. I then swirled icing with the piping gun using the star nozzle to give a white rose effect all over.

I purchased the sparkly 50 from Amazon and bought some gems that they usually put in with flowers when making bouquets from there too, I placed them at the back like fireworks


Total Time Spent: 3 hours
Useful Tips Gained: Butter icing based cakes take far less time than royal icing cakes
Items to Purchase: None
Items Added to Amazon Wishlist: None
Miscellaneous Items Wished for: None, although I would still like a mannequin for sewing, I might have to treat myself at the end of the month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment