Next project

A Blog of Yumness



NEXT PROJECT: Coming Soon!

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Bake off with The Bake Off - Dessert Week!

Okay, so it's been over a week since I've posted, I've been away, so I have a little catching up to do! My challenge from the week before last was from Dessert Week. Gavin selected the self saucing desserts for me to try out. Here's how it went:

Week 4 - Desserts!

Self Saucing Double Chocolate Dessert

Ingredients:
For the sponge
190g Self Raising Flour
30g Cocoa
100g Caster Sugar
90g Butter (melted)
175ml Milk
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
200g Milk chocolate chunks
For the sauce
350 ml Milk
185g White Chocolate
240ml Water

Preheat the oven to 180°c and grease the individual dishes. Then sift the flour and cocoa together and add the sugar. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Combine melted butter, milk and eggs and pour slowly into the well, stirring whilst pouring.



The ingredients need to be stirred with a wooden spoon until smooth, but do not over beat, I would recommend mixing this by hand.
Pour mixture into the prepared dishes.

Chop up the milk chocolate into chunks and add to the mixture.


Now for the sauce, in a pan add the milk, white chocolate and water. warm over a low heat, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth


Whilst the sauce is cooling slightly, I melted some extra chocolate over some cling film and popped it in the fridge, just to make it look pretty.
Once the sauce is cooled slightly, pour gently on top of the mixtures. You might make less of a mess than I ended up making.


Pop into the oven for roughly 25 minutes and it's ready.


I was a little nervous about mine and I'm fairly sure I left it in the oven for longer than 25 minutes, thinking it was not ready yet and the sauce kind of baked with the sponge, so the self saucing was not actually very saucy. Overall it was chocolatey, gooey and really delicious, but it was not self saucing.

Just 2 out of 5 for this one. Stupid sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment