Next project

A Blog of Yumness



NEXT PROJECT: Coming Soon!

Monday 6 January 2014

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year one and all! 

I hope that everyone had a fantastic Christmas and New Year. 


I thought I might share some baking thoughts I have for 2014 and my project plans coming up on The BaKerry.


One of my new year resolutions for 2014 is to grow my own herbs, it struck me that I use a lot of herbs in my cooking (and sometimes baking), why am I not growing my own? Well I'm a little useless with plants and keeping them alive, but this year, I am going to make a real effort to not let them die (the key to that is probably remembering to water them). I'll keep you updated as to how it goes. 


This month I have two themed birthday cakes to do, which is very exciting! There are other birthday cakes planned throughout the year too. 

Last year I made Chocolate Chip Hot Cross Buns for Good Friday, they were incredible, I plan to make them again this year and to share the recipe.


I had a couple of baking recipe books that I am very much looking forward to trying out. Both are Paul Hollywood books! I have his Bread book and his Pies and Puds book! In particular, 2014 will include Stilton and Bacon Rolls, Trencher Bread, Crumpets, Biscotti, Sourdough, Pain De Savoie, Savoury Brioche, White Chocolate and Raspberry Bread, Sausage Plait and Pecan Pie from Mr Hollywood's range. 


If you have any suggestions or recommendations for me to turn into a project for The Bakerry, or even just a request to see it made, drop a comment in the box below :)


Looking forward to a fantastic year of baking with you all!!



2 comments:

  1. I look forward to scof-.. uh, sampling each and every one of these!

    You are a nightmare to dieters, you know that? :D xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete